This website refers to the previous 2017 Workshop.
See Whidbey Gardening Workshop for newest information.
1. When, Where is Whidbey Gardening Workshop 2017 ?
2. What food and beverages are available?
3. Who will be participating in the Marketplace this year?
4. How do I contact someone at Whidbey Gardening Workshop 2017?
5. Is anyone offering a discount on overnight accommodations?
Event - Special Cases
6. Accessibility - trouble with stairs, or with hearing ...
7. When and how do I register?
8. When am I officially registered?
9. I missed the deadline for registration! Can I still attend?
10. I don't have access to the Internet, how can I register?
11. How do I tell you my preferred classes?
12. How does Whidbey Gardening Workshop 2017 use my preferences
13. How do I pay?
14. The registration pages aren't working on my computer ...
15. I was partway through my registration yesterday, but today I get an empty form.
16. Will I know the classes I am getting before Saturday?
17. I registered online but never got the confirmation email - how long should I wait?
18. I need to change something on my registration.
19. I need to cancel my registration.
- 1. When, Where is Whidbey Gardening Workshop 2017 ?
- Saturday, March 4, 2017- opens at 8:00 am, Keynote at 9:00 am, last class ends at 3:45 pm.
- Oak Harbor High School 950 Northwest 2nd Ave. Oak Harbor, WA 98277
- See Schedule, Directions for more information.
- 2. What food and beverages are available?
Enjoy free coffee compliments of Honeymoon Bay served by Island County 4-H, Youth and Families. Donations are welcome.
An optional catered lunch is available for an additional $12.00, and must be ordered at the time that you register.
You are, of course, welcome to bring your own brown-bag lunch. (but please help us by using reusable or compostable containers; and deposit your compostable materials in the Compost Bins provided in the lunch area).
Filtered water will be available. Bring your own reusable covered drink container and coffee mug.
Lunch menu: 5 new lunch options this year provided by the culinary students at Oak Harbor High. (1) Moussaka with lamb and eggplant, served with salad; (2) Greek Chicken Wrap, served with salad; (3) Vegetarian Greek Wrap, served with salad; (4) Greek Salad Platter with tabbouleh, marinated flank steak and pita triangles; (5) Gluten Free Salad Platter with hummus and "vegetable chips".
- 3. Who will be participating in the Marketplace this year?
- Island County Environmental Health
- Oak Harbor Garry Oak Society
- Sound Water Stewards of Island County
- South Whidbey Tilth
- Whidbey Audubon Society
- Whidbey Island Conservation District
- WSU Extension, Island County Master Gardeners and Litter Clean-up Programs
- WSU Noxious Weed Program
- Albe Rustics (rustic furniture)
- The Beggar Crow (wind chimes & bottle trees)
- Bugabay Worm Bins
- Delightful Dahlias
- Fidalgo Made
- Fidalgo Woodworks
- Freeborn Metal Art
- Jordan Nursery
- Mailliard's Landing Nursery
- Meerkerk Gardens
- Muscle & Arm Farm
- Oak Harbor Garden Club (garden art)
- Salish Sea Designs
- Sally's Garden
- Skagit Farmer's Supply
- Venture Out Plant Nursery
- Wilma's Creations
- Wind & Tide Bookshop
- Wire Art by C & C
- 3 Generations Jam
- 4. How do I contact someone at Whidbey Gardening Workshop 2017?
Contact Island County Master Gardener Foundation at any of the following:
- 5. Is anyone offering a discount on overnight accommodations?
Yes - please see the discount accomodations that are available
Event - Special Cases
- 6. Accessibility - trouble with stairs, or with hearing ...
When you register, please let us know if you have special needs. If you have other questions, please contact us by phone or email (how to contact us)
When we assign classes to rooms, we take this information into account.
Persons with a disability requiring special accommodations while participating in this program may contact WSU Island County Extension. If accommodation is not requested in advance, we cannot guarantee the availability of accommodation on site.
- 7. When and how do I register?
On-line registration will open at 8 am on January 15th and is scheduled to close at 11 pm on Sunday February 26th. Register in person at the WSU Extension Office in Coupeville 9-4 pm until March 1st. A limited number of walk-in registrations will be available at the door on March 4th for a fee of $45--CASH or CHECK only.
While registration is open you can:
- register online by clicking on the Registration link on the left side of this or any other Whidbey Gardening Workshop 2017 web page.
- download the Brochure, save to your computer, print and fill out both sides of the registration form, and mail it to us via US mail.
- 8. When am I officially registered?
Only paid registrants will be officially registered for this workshop. If you register on-line and choose to pay by cash or check, you will NOT be officially registered until the office receives your payment.
- 9. I missed the deadline for registration! Can I still attend?
A limited number of walk-in registrations will be available at the door on March 4th for a fee of $45. Lunch registration is closed but you can check at the registration desk to see if any are still available, or bring your own lunch.
- 10. I don't have access to the Internet, how can I register?
Call to request a brochure (see above). Complete both sides of the registration form in your brochure and return in person or by mail.
By U.S. Mail
Whidbey Gardening Workshop
PO Box 5000
Coupeville, WA 98239
Register in person at the WSU Extension Office by Wednesday, March 1st.: 101 NE 6th Street, Coupeville, WA 98239
- 11. How do I tell you my preferred classes?
For each class session (A, B, C) we ask that you tell us ...
- a list of classes you would like to take, in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ... order.
- please pick 3-5 classes for any session where you plan to attend classes. It helps us understand what topics people are interested in (for planning for next year).
How do I do that ??
For each session (A, B, C) you will see a list of all of the classes in that session.
- Click on any class title to move it to your preferred section.
- To remove a preferred class selection, click on the gray x icon to its left.
- To move it up or down in your preferences, use the up and down arrows.
- 12. How does Whidbey Gardening Workshop 2017 use my preferences
- The computer algorithm that assigns people to classes will balance the assignments to maximize the number of people getting their first-choice class. People are always assigned to classes in the order in which they registered.
- If you register early, you have the best chance of getting your first choice.
- We will send out an email to each registered participant on Thursday afternoon, March 2nd, with your confirmed class assignments.
- 13. How do I pay?
If you register online, you have the option to
- mail us a check,
- pay by credit card (via paypal)
- pay from your paypal account.
If you mail in a paper application, you must pay by check, made out to ICMGF (Island County Master Gardener Foundation).
- 14. The registration pages aren't working on my computer ...
You may download a paper registration form from the Downloads link on the left side of this page. Print it, fill it out, and mail it along with your check to the address on the form.
Please include a note (or email us at IslandCoMG@gmail.com) with the following information:
- what kind of computer (e.g., XP, Vista, Windows-7, Mac-_____, Ipad) you have,
- what browser you are using (e.g., safari, firefox, internet explorer, ...)
We regret the inconvenience, but we are not able to test on every vintage of computer and browser.
- 15. I was partway through my registration yesterday, but today I get an empty form.
Your registration information is still in our database.
Click on the Find My Reg.... link on the left side of this and follow the instructions to retrieve your partially completed form.
- 16. Will I know the classes I am getting before Saturday?
If you registered on-line, you will receive an e-mail on Thursday evening, March 2nd, that shows your confirmed classes.
- 17. I registered online but never got the confirmation email - how long should I wait?
The confirmation email is sent immediately from our hosting server (serv01.siteground228.com) from IslandCoMG@gmail.com, so it should arrive in your inbox within a minute.
Please ensure that your mail account spam filters do not reject such emails. If you have done this and still do not receive a confirmation, send us an email at IslandCoMG@gmail.com and someone will get back with you. Usually this happens when an email address was entered with an error.
Be sure to include your name and phone number.
- 18. I need to change something on my registration.
We do not support changes to registration once you have paid (or committed to do so).
For special cases, you may contact us (e-mail is preferable, but remember that we are all volunteers, so it may take a while to get back to you).
- 19. I need to cancel my registration.
Please contact us immediately so that we can make your class slots available to other registrants.
To be eligible for a refund, you MUST contact us by 11pm Sunday, February 26th.
We regret that we cannot give refunds for cancellations beyond that date.
Refunds will be made by the end of March.
[back to top]