Whidbey Gardening Workshop 2018
- Registration for Whidbey Gardening Workshop.2018 is now closed.
- Due to an overwhelming registration response this year, we have had to close registration earlier than planned (Feb 8th vs Feb 25th).
- We are maintaining a waiting list for registration and we will use it if we get any cancellations. If you would like to be on the waiting list, please send an email to IslandCoMG@gmail.com and put "Waiting List" on the subject line.
- Those who have registered have already received an email confirmation and will receive an email confirming their classes no later than Wednesday, February 28th.
- NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR.
- Anyone who wishes may come to shop the Vendor Marketplace and visit the Educational Exhibits at WGW. Open from 8 to 4:30. Just stop in at the main registration desk in the entry hall to get a Vendor Marketplace badge (badges are required by school security). No fee. Just fun.
- This is the 30th year The Whidbey Gardening Workshop is providing gardening advice and education in gardening practices for beginner to advanced gardeners in Island County and the Puget Sound region.
- This Workshop is produced and presented by the Island County Master Gardener Foundation which supports the Washington State University Master Gardener Program by providing public education in gardening and environmental stewardship based on research at WSU and other university systems.
- Keynote address by Dan Hinkley, internationally recognized plantsman, author, plant collector and lecturer. The keynote address is at 9:00 a.m. Following the keynote, Dan Hinkley will be signing his book.
- New this year: A Special Meet and Greet Reception with Dan Hinkley will be held on Friday March 2nd (limited tickets available at $25/ticket). Keynote address
- 53 classes split into 3 sessions; 33 classes are new this year
- 40 knowledgeable instructors.
- Free coffee and optional catered lunch for $12.00
- Shopping in the Vendor Marketplace and exploring educational exhibits.
WHEN Saturday, March 3, 2018
WHERE Oak Harbor High School, Oak Harbor, WA (Schedule & Directions)
- On-line Registration is open from Sunday, January 14th to Sunday, February 25th at 11 pm.
- Advance registration is $45. Walk-in registration on March 3rd is $50.
[back to top]