Whidbey Gardening Workshop 2019
- This is the 31st year The Whidbey Gardening Workshop is providing gardening advice and education in gardening practices for beginner to advanced gardeners in Island County and the Greater Puget Sound region. This Workshop is open to the public.
- This Workshop is produced and presented by the Island County Master Gardener Foundation which supports the Washington State University Master Gardener Program by providing public education in gardening and environmental stewardship based on research at WSU and other university systems.
- Keynote address by Dan Heims, international speaker, horticultural educator, author and president of Terra Nova Nurseries, noted for its breeding programs and wide-range of new introductions. The keynote address is at 9:00 a.m.
- 5 Tracks to choose from: Gardening Basics, Sustainability & Maintenance, Ornamentals, Garden Design, Fruits & Vegetables
- Free coffee & tea all day. An optional catered lunch is available for $12.50
- Shopping in the Garden Marketplace featuring plants, garden art, garden accessories, books and more! Educational Exhibits.
- Special rates at select local hotels
WHEN Saturday, March 2, 2019
- On-line Registration is open from Sunday, January 13th to Saturday, February 23rd at 11 pm.
- Advance registration is $45. Walk-in registration on March 2nd is $50.
WHERE Oak Harbor High School, Oak Harbor, WA (Schedule & Directions)
- A private "Meet and Greet Reception" with Dan Heims will be held on Friday March 1st from 4-6 pm (limited tickets available at $30/ticket). Meet and Greet Details
To secure your reservation for this event, purchase your ticket/s in advance. Registration opens January 13th and closes February 15th. Include $30/ticket for your reservation/s in the "Optional Donation Amount" box that follows the lunch choices section on the registration. You will receive an email acknowledgement of your ticket purchases.
Questions about this event can be mailed to IslandCoMg@gmail.com.
[back to top]