Whidbey Gardening Workshop 2019
- This is the 31st year The Whidbey Gardening Workshop is providing gardening advice and education in gardening practices for beginner to advanced gardeners in Island County and the Greater Puget Sound region. This Workshop is open to the public.
- This Workshop is produced and presented by the Island County Master Gardener Foundation which supports the Washington State University Master Gardener Program by providing public education in gardening and environmental stewardship based on research at WSU and other university systems.
- Keynote address by Dan Heims, international speaker, horticultural educator, author and president of Terra Nova Nurseries, noted for its breeding programs and wide-range of new introductions. The keynote address is at 9:00 a.m.
- 5 Tracks to choose from: Gardening Basics, Sustainability & Maintenance, Ornamentals, Garden Design, Fruits & Vegetables
- Free coffee & tea all day. An optional catered lunch is available for $12.50
- Shopping in the Garden Marketplace featuring plants, garden art, garden accessories, books and more! Educational Exhibits.
- Special rates at select local hotels
WHEN Saturday, March 2, 2019
- Registration for Whidbey Gardening Workshop 2019 is now closed. Due to an overwhelming registration response this year, we have had to close registration earlier than planned (Feb 7th vs Feb 24th).
- We are maintaining a waiting list for registration as we usually get a few cancellations. If you would like to be on the waiting list, please send an email to IslandCOMG@gmail.com and put "Waiting List" on the subject line.
- Those who have registered have already received email confirmations, and will receive an email confirming their classes no later than Wednesday, February 27th.
- Our vibrant Garden Marketplace will be open and free to the public from 8 am to 5pm with a great selection of vendors including garden art and artists, a wide selection of plants, gardening related books and reference materials, gardening tools and accessories plus a number of educational exhibits.
- No tickets will be sold at the door.
WHERE Oak Harbor High School, Oak Harbor, WA (Schedule & Directions)
- A private "Meet and Greet Reception" with Dan Heims will be held on Friday March 1st from 4-6 pm (limited tickets available at $30/ticket). Meet and Greet Details
To secure your reservation for this event, purchase your ticket/s in advance. Registration opens January 13th and closes February 15th. Include $30/ticket for your reservation/s in the "Optional Donation Amount" box that follows the lunch choices section on the registration. You will receive an email acknowledgement of your ticket purchases.
Questions about this event can be mailed to IslandCoMg@gmail.com.
[back to top]